Wednesday, May 13, 2009

NEED STORIES!!!!!!!!

I need story ideas. I want to do a story on some high school car racers! I want to! SO I need names and info. If you race at the Speedway in Hays or at SRCA Dragstrip in Great Bend - I want, need!, your information. If you want to be on Catchitkansas, or if you are cool, CIK - and you know you want to, help me help you.

Or extreme sports or action sports; Motocross, BMX, Streetluging - even though it is no longer cool, even though I think it still is. EX-treme fishing? X-treme billiards? eXtreme Poker!? Whoa! Something. Let me know what you are doing out there!

###################################

I heard the story of Haley Wolf today, a track and basketball superstar for Ellis High School. She isn't very big but she is quicker than anything, and can score points in the bucketloads, but she hasn't been recognized for any of it.

No state championships despite lots of success on the court and the track, but the biggest injustice of it all was not being recognized for her basketball achievements. She led the Ellis girls to the 2A final and didn't receive anything for it. Not even honorable mention! From a player who scored 30 in the game that got them to the title game. Shame.

Word on the street is she is planning on walking on at Fort Hays for basketball. Keep watching, I'll be rooting for her.

No comments: