Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Which league is best?

Based off the CatchItKansas.com All-Sports rankings we figured out who the best sporting schools in the state were this last year. I then found myself wondering what league is the best sporting league in the state?

Using the All-Sports rankings I took the leagues with the schools that finished highest in the rankings. The leagues I looked at were the Wichita City League, AVCTL Division I, Eastern Kansas League, Sunflower League and the Centennial League.

It was not even close.

The Eastern Kansas League was easily the best sporting league last year. Buoyed by St. Thomas Aquinas the league averaged 2.25 state championships per school and scored an average of 40.25 points in our All-Sports Rankings.

The other schools in the league are Blue Valley Northwest, North, West, Stilwell and Miege.
Second place was a tie between the Centennial League and AVCTL Division I. The Centennial League featuring 6A All-Sports Champion Washburn Rural and 4A champion Topeka Hayden had an average of 1.3 championships per school to the AVCTL Div. I’s average of 1.2.

AVCTL Div. I school averaged 32.08 point in the All-Sports Standings compared to 28.65 for the Centennial.

The City League brought was last in both average All-Sports points and average championships with an average of 21.22 All-Sports points and only .33 championships per school in the 2008-09 school year.

The Sunflower league averaged 24.08 All-Sports Points and .58 championships.

Do you agree with this ranking? Which league do you think is best?

No comments: