Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Warming up

Yes, yes basketball season is warming up. Tip off is Thursday for many teams, which is like tomorrow, dude.

And I am warming up to basketball. I'll be honest - I've never really been a huge fan of basketball. I never played a single minute of organized basketball. No one in my family ever played it and no one ever encouraged me to play either. And when my friends who DID play got me out to shoot hoops, they made fun of me because I had no idea what I was doing. Therefore my lack of interest in the sport.

Now I've played nearly every sport under the sun; football, baseball, wrestling, tennis, golf, lacrosse, track and field, even rugby. I even played Cricket when I lived in England for a while, but not basketball.

But living in Kansas, it is hard to ignore basketball. It is the birthplace of the game after all and the Jayhawks are currently the number one team in the land. SOOOO, it is hard to ignore.

But I'm warming up. I was still sad to see football season go, but knowing basketball season was right around the corner wasn't so bad. Usually it was filled with dread for me but now, it's OK.


No comments: