Saturday, March 27, 2010

Wacky Weather (Part 2)

Like Grant said before, it may be spring on the calendar, but it sure didn’t feel like it today…well, at least not the whole day.

When I came in this morning a little before nine, it was 50 and sunny, perfect for baseball. From watching the weather before I left, I knew there was a chance of rain…I wasn’t prepared for the sudden drop in temperature and a gusty north wind on my trip across town.

When I left our station up on the northeast side of town around 10:30 this morning it was still sunny and the wind was light. By time I made it to Westurban it was cloudy as could be and very chilly.

Everyone around me seemed as perplexed by the sudden change as well, as fans were sent scrambling to their cars to grab extra coats and blankets.

Growing up in Kansas, you think I would get used to these sudden changes, but it never ceases to amaze me at just how quick the weather can change.

Here’s to hoping for a warmer and sunnier day the next time I’m out at the ballpark…this afternoon maybe?

No comments: