Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Players to go see

I was impressed when I saw Alex Santiago light it up for a Burrton school record 43 points last Friday night.
Burrton’s is just a 1A school, but I thought Santiago could probably play in any league in the state. He’d be up against quicker players in the City League, and he might not be able to drive the lane as successfully as he did against Pratt Skyline. But Santiago has nice range with his outside shot and would still find a way to score.
Anyway, watching Santiago started me thinking about the best players I’ve seen this season.
So here’s my list. Most are underclassmen, so if you haven’t seen ‘em yet, there’s still plenty of time.
Remember, these are only player’s I’ve seen. Check back later, because some of my colleagues at KWCH will be posting their lists too.

BOYS
Alex Santiago, Burrton, 6-0 junior
Dorrian Roberts, Heights, 5-11 senior
Perry Ellis, Heights, 6-9 freshman
Joe Mitchell, Southeast, 5-11 senior
Bubba Starling, Gardner-Edgerton, 6-4 sophomore
Brett Comer, Blue Valley NW, 6-3 sophomore
Trey Unrau, Moundridge, 5-11 freshman

GIRLS
Julia Marshall, Carroll, 5-9 senior
Abby Fawcett, Carroll, 5-6 senior
Jhasmin Bowen, Heights, 6-1 sophomore
Krystie Ehm, Circle, 5-11, sophomore
Natalie Knight, Olathe South, 5-6 sophomore
Taylor Chandler, Heights, 5-4 freshman

No comments: