Thursday, October 22, 2009

What's with the weather?

One thing I will never get use to is the Southwest Kansas wind. A person could get blown over walking from their car to the door.

How does the weather change so drastically? (I guess that 's a question for Merril, not the viewers.)

I was just at the 6A state golf tournament Monday. It was 80 degrees and sunny outside. In fact, it was so hot I was wearing pants and had to change into shorts because after walking the course about six times I was sweating profusely. (It was pretty gross. I looked like I had just finished working out as apposed to being out working.)

After all the rain yesterday...we'll I guess it was in the midst of the rain yesterday.... Football teams out west had to practice inside. Cleats on a gym floor, not so great. Dodge City's team practiced in a barn. So instead of being knee deep in mud, they were knee deep in cow... well you know.

So I look out the window today and see what appears to be snow... In October, and of course MORE WIND. It makes for a grim day of shooting pregame previews, and an even grimmer day for the players.

Wonder what tomorrow will bring?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's time to move to indoor sports! :)