Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cursed?

You have heard of curses affecting sports stars before.

The Curse of the Bambino, the curse of the Chicago cubs, the Sports Illustrated cover curse and for those in my generation, the curse of the Madden NFL video game cover.

But I think I might be cursing when it comes to Rising Stars. I've have a done several Rising Star stories and maybe they should start running away from me. The reason I bring this up is young Dylan Schumacher, TMP wrestler who pins his opponents in record fashion and was undefeated in his prep career, lost over the weekend at the Bob Kuhn Prairie Classic. Undefeated no longer.

He was our weekly Rising Star only a few days prior!

I might be making too much out of this but, maybe I'm not - who are you to decide who I curse?!?!

I'm not saying this is fact but maybe just a well timed fluke, but I'm starting to watch where I walk from now on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like if you call someone with the "honor" of being your next rising star, he/she should hang up on you. :)