Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I love to watch you play!

It has been a while since I have seen a game that has kept my undivided attention. I am always focused on the game, but sometimes they can be rather boring, which makes my camera focus on the ball so I can get my highlights.

Last night I felt like a fan!

This season Spearville has made a run of wins in southwest Kansas. The Lancers are 19-1 and that only loss was to South Gray (a team they beat previously in the season.) I know when I head to the "town of windmills" I'm probably going to see a blowout.

However, I don't mind the blowout because I love to watch Carson Konrade play ball. He is all over the floor. If you've been to that gym you know it is so small if you are sitting on the stage with your feet hanging over... your toes are on the court.

Last night Carson was standing by me after blocking a shot. I put my camera down to mark the play, which was... I don't know... a total of 1.5 seconds, and Carson was all alone on the other side of the court dropping an easy bucket.

He's just so fast! But besides being all over the court... He can do it all. Although he is one of the tallest members of the Lancers' team, he can also play point. In fact, there are several times when players look just for him so he can touch the ball. Of course, his height puts him on the post, but don't be surprised to see him draining treys.... He is a perimeter boy.

My personal favorite.... his dribble drive. He seems to be able to weave through any traffic he sees, and always make the lay up look so easy. To be honest... I'm jealous... I want those athletic genes.

Last night he finished with 24 points, which just adds to his list of double figure games. In fact, in the 20 games the Lancers have played, Carson has failed to hit double digits in only one. He averages 21.7 a game. He also leads the team in assists, so he isn't selfish.

WOW,WOW,WOW!!! Carson, You're my hero!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its nice to see someone noticed that carson is the heart of the Lancers team, It seems so many people think that Willie is the reason for their success. If they know Carson then his unselfishness rubs off and everyone has success. We are going to miss the nights at Spearville watching his whole class play ball, it has been a joy since it all started in junior high. Good luck Carson wherever you decide to go.